NORTHERN BELLE operating the Plymouth (Admiral's Hard) to Cremyll Ferry across the River Tamar on July 31, 2007. NORTHERN BELLE was built in 1929 for Mount Edgecumbe Estate to operate the ferry service as the ARMADILLO. She was chartered and later sold to the Millbrook Steamboat and Trading Company in the 1940s. Converted from steam to diesel propulsion in 1945 she was renamed to NORTHERN BELLE. On the demise of the Millbrook Steamboat Company she passed to the ownership of Tamar Cruising - the present operators of the Cremyll Ferry.