|Tenby has had a lifeboat station since 1852 initially established the Shipwrecked Mariners' Benevolent Society the operation was taken over by the Royal National Lifeboat Institution in 1854. A full history of the RNLI at Tenby can be found at Wikipedia and on the RNLI Tenby web site www.tenbyrnli.co.uk . |
The new station, opened in 2005 was allocated the first Tamar Class vessel RNLI HAYDN MILLER. These photographs were taken on April 14, 2014 when RNLB PETER AND LESLEY-JANE NICHOLSON from the relief fleet was on station.
The previous land mark station building has now been converted into a private residence. Whilst the new station is built on the site of the Royal Victoria Pier built to serve the Bristol Channel pleasure steamer trade. However, following neglect during WWII it was demolished in the early 1950s.