The tall ship PELICAN OF LONDON began life as a trawler built in 1948 by Chantiers et Ateliers Augustin Normand of LeHavre. She became a coaster in 1968 and was renamed KADETT. Between 1995 and 2007 she was rebuilt as a sailing ship with a mainmast barquentine rig and renamed PELICAN OF LONDON.
She is seen here in Canning Half Tide Dock on Saturday May 25, 2013. She departed from Canning during the morning bound for Belfast.