The Lusitania Memorial was completed in 1993 on high ground above the Old Head of Kinsale
The memorial commemorates the 1192 passengers and crew who perished when the RMS LUSITANIA was torpedoed 11 miles south west of the Old Head of Kinsale 7th May 1915 by the German U Boat U20.
Visible in two of the photographs is and old signal tower. Close to the memorial is a small shrine.
A close examination of the fourth photograph will reveal the naval vessel LE ROISIN passing westwards, somewhat closer inshore than the LUSITANIA would have passed but in roughly the same direction as the point where liner sank.