Located on St. Mary's, Isles of Scilly, Peninnis Lighthouse on St Mary’s Island in the is a small automatic lighthouse consisting of a metal tower, the upper part painted white and the lower part and cupola painted black. This lighthouse was established in 1911 when it superseded the lighthouse on St Agnes which had been in operation since 1680. Peninnis was re-engineered and converted from acetylene gas to electrically powered operation in 1992. [More Information Trinity House]. Photographs - April 2003 and July 2005.