LV GANNET the final lightship in the service of the Commissioners of Irish Lights awaits her fate at Dún Laoghaire harbour on March 21, 2009. She was withdrawn from the South Rock station on February 25, 2009 being replaced by a Superbuoy. Gannett was launched by Philip & Sons of Dartmouth on May 06, 1954
LV Gannet is being offered for sale by the Commissioners. An information board is currently displayed for the benefit of strollers on East Pier, Dún Laoghaire explaining the vessel's significance.