When the previous set of photographs of HMS CAROLINE were posted in 2007 they appeared in the Royal Navy section of the Irish Sea Shipping web site as she remained a commissioned ship in the Royal Navy. However, she was formally decommissioned in spring 2011 thus these photographs, taken on April 06, 2012, have been posted in the Historic Ships Section.
At present HMS CAROLINE remains berthed in Harland & Wolff's Alexandra Dock at Belfast where she served as headquarters to the Northern Ireland Royal Naval Reserve since 1924. She was built by Cammell Laird and commissioned 1914, the first of six C class cruisers, and now the last surviving warship from the WWI Battle of Jutland. She is currently in the care of the National Museum of The Royal Navy whilst decisions are made as to whether she should remain in Belfast or be taken to Portsmouth.