The Royal William Victualling Yard, situated beside the River Tamar in the Plymouth suburb of Stonehouse, close to the Royal Naval Dockyard at Devonport was constructed by the contractor Hugh McIntosh at a cost of about 2 million between 1816 and 1835 to the design of the noted civil engineer Sir John Rennie working in collaboration with Phillip Richards. The yard, taking its name from King William IV, operated, until closed by the Royal Navy, in 1992. These photographs were taken on October 23, 2012.