CHINA SEAS DISCOVERY made her last voyage from Kaohsiung to the beaches of Alang where she arrived on the November 18, 2005. CARINTHIA was launched on the December 14, 1955 by Princess Margaret at John Brown's yard on the Clyde.
She sailed on her maiden voyage from Liverpool to Quebec and Montreal on the June 27 the following year. In 1960 she was chartered by the Canadian Government for trooping to NATO Europe. She was the only vessel of the four Saxonia sisters not to be given a white hull and made the last Cunard passenger sailing from Liverpool to Montreal on the October 13, 1967.
On return she was laid up at Southampton and was sold to the Sitmar Line, Genoa early in 1968 and was renamed FAIRLAND. However, she did not leave Southampton until January 1970 when she sailed to Trieste and was converted for service to Australia.
In 1971 she was renamed FAIRSEA and the following year she was sailing out of Fort Lauderdale and Miami. When Sitmar Line was acquired by P&O in 1988 she was renamed FAIR PRINCESS operated by Princess Cruises. She became CHINA SEAS DISCOVERY in 2000 and has been laid up at Kaohsiung for the past year and was expected to be broken up in Taiwan.